Your website would have been set-up to track visitor statistics using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics enables to you view detailed stats on the visits to your site in various broken down reports. Such as:
- Total Number of visits over time - an increase can be a good indicator of something done right on your site
- Search Terms - these are the keywords visitors are entering in a search engine to find your site. Does your site rank well for these words? Would some SEO make it even better?
- Referrals - an informative look at which sites people are visiting right before coming to yours. You may want to build a partnership with the referring site to get even more visits from them
- Browsers - see what browser visitors are using to view your site. If you notice a lot of mobile devices, maybe we could optimise your site for a better user experience when using this device
- Paths - follow hoe users move though your site. Are people digging to deep to a particular page? Can we link to it from the homepage to reduce drop-outs
Using these reports you are able to see if your investment in a website is paying off compared to other marketing activities. You can also use the stats to get a better insight into your potential customers and then target your site to better serve them, with the aim of getting more conversions.
Getting the reports
- Go to Google Analytics
- Log in with your Google account
- In the top-right choose RMW Web Publishing from the drop-down. If you do not have this option please Contact us.
- Click View Report next to your website name
- You will now see your website statistics
See Google Analytics Help for more details